- 1 pound shrimp – raw, peeled, deveined and marinated with the following:
- 1 TBSP. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 TBSP. cornstarch
- 1 pack (375 grams) Oriental Style Noodles
- ½ pound bean sprouts – washed and drained
- 5 garlic cloves – smashed, peeled and chopped
- ½ medium onions – thinly sliced
- 3 bunches green onions – chopped
- 4 eggs - lightly scrambled and cooked separately
- ½ cup ground roasted peanuts or almonds (I used almond nuts)
- 8 TBSPs. vegetable or peanut oil
- 4 TBSPs. sugar
- 3 TBSPs. fish sauce
- 4 TBSPs. rice vinegar
- 2 TBSPs. Pad Thai Sauce
- 1 tsp. ground hot peppers (optional)
Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
Heat a large wok or large, deep skillet. Add 3 tablespoons oil and sauté garlic, onions and green onions. Sauté until onions are translucent, about 2 minutes. Add noodles and 1 ½ cups cold water. Quickly stir fry noodles and vegetables until water is absorbed and noodles are separated. Remove noodles onto a large bowl and set aside. (The noodles should be separated and not limp.)
Reheat the wok or skillet and add another 3 tablespoons oil. Stir fry the marinated shrimps until they turn pink in color. Add the noodles back into the wok and stir to incorporate with the shrimps. Stir in the bean sprouts. Drizzle the sauce over the noodles and shrimps mixture. Turn the heat to very low.
Heat another skillet and add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Crack the eggs and lightly scramble using a spatula. Let the eggs set and cook on one side and turn over to cook the other side. (Your eggs should resemble an omelet.) Tear the eggs into large pieces and add to the “Pad Thai Noodles.” Serve with ground roasted peanuts or almond nuts.